The season of gift giving and “shop ’til you drop” days is officially upon us.
November hosts a variety of events but let’s face it folks, the BIG ONE is BLACK FRIDAY. The countdown until November 23rd, 2018 has already begun! This has become a sport that we practice for all year long. Are you prepared? Do you have the right gear? Done all the research?
For some, BLACK FRIDAY is a tradition among wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, girlfriends, etc. (You get the idea.) However, more men are getting in on the action too. With the gadgets that will quickly gps the nearest location of an item or a scan of a barcode to see what kind of savings you will get…..the days of getting there early on this “biggest shopping day of the year” have a different meaning altogether. This game has definitely become one for the pros. If you aren’t properly equipped with the gear and the info – you might get hurt!
According to a survey taken by the National Retail Federation on BLACK FRIDAY,”half (52.6%) of those who own a smartphone said they will use their device to research products, redeem coupons, use apps to assist in their purchase, and purchase holiday gifts and items.
And watch out for the tablet owners! They are even more likely to use their device to aid in their holiday shopping – seven in 10 tablet owners will research and shop using their device.
However, when it comes to mobile shopping, young adults present the biggest opportunity for retailers. According to the survey, Americans aged 18-24 are the most likely to use their smartphones (72.2%) and tablets (86.4%) to shop for holiday items this year.
Men are also considerably more likely than women to use their smartphone and tablet device to shop for gifts. Two in 10 men (17.6%) and just 10.8 percent of women who own smartphones plan to purchase products, and four in 10 (38.5%) men with tablets and 31.3 percent of women with tablets will make purchases this holiday season.”
Clearly, BLACK FRIDAY is a sport that requires great strategy. Nothing less than chess-like precision will allow for a high score. Regardless of your level of skill, remember, BLACK FRIDAY is NOT a “contact sport” and should not be played to resemble one.
Below are a some useful reminders of things needed to play:
1) Make sure you have a list
2) Know your budget
3) Do your online research
4) Print off ALL of the coupons before you go – even if you might not use them…it’s better to have them than not.
5) Make sure your phone is charged.
6) Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be sure to eat before you go and use the restroom. (the lines may be long)
7) Know the store policies and be sure to ask for a Gift Receipt.
8) Know that alcohol may impair your purchasing judgement. (it’s best to celebrate after you have the goods!)
9) Bring the ads with you. Pictures really help when trying to describe the items you are searching for!
10) BRING YOUR MANNERS! Pushing, shoving and being rude is just not fun for anyone. (Seriously, the rule book says so.)
Of course, the best gift for fans of Palm Beach Happening can be found at our our official store, where you can purchase hats, t-shirts, bumper stickers, and more! In the future, we’ll even be sponsoring “get spotted” contests around town. Check it out!
This year, Daytona Lagoon is offering the best deals of the year on water park Season Passes and Super Season Passes. From Nov. 23 – 26, save big on 2019 Season Passes by purchasing the best value of the year!
- 10% off all food purchases within the park
- a $5 game card to be used in the Mega Arcade
- a one-time “bring a friend” complimentary ticket for the water park
*regular price is $79.99!
Super Season Pass: Only $89.99* (55% off the regular price) – Includes unlimited visits to the water park and unlimited use of all family entertainment center attractions like Go Karts, SkyMaze, Mini Golf, Laser Tag and more. Plus receive free perks such as:
- 10% of all food purchases within the park
- A $5 game card for Mega Arcade
- A one-time “bring a friend” complimentary ticket for the water park
*regular price is $139.99!
In addition to the great savings above, Daytona Lagoon is offering OUR READERS an additional $5-dollar discount for Season Passes purchased on Nov. 23 only (Black Friday). Use Code BF1905 at checkout to receive an extra $5 savings!
Starting Nov. 23 through Nov. 26, purchase discounted Season Passes for the whole family at www.daytonalagoon.com. Don’t forget: one season pass per individual is required, passes cannot be shared. Learn more about Black Friday – Cyber Monday savings by visiting our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/daytonalagoon.
To get a jump start on the holiday shopping season and the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season, on Black Friday through Cyber Monday, racetracks hosting 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races will offer a special ticket and FanVision package at a reduced price – up to 30% discounts.
The 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule can be accessed at NASCAR.com
For more details and to purchase tickets please visit NASCAR.com/blackfriday.
Whether it’s stock cars, sports cars or motorcycles, those looking to give the gift of Daytona International Speedway this holiday season will find plenty of options with the “World Center of Racing’s” annual Black Friday and Cyber Monday ticket specials.
- Rolex 24 At DAYTONA: General admission frontstretch seating and infield access for the 57th anniversary of North America’s most prestigious sports car race on Jan. 26-27 with a Rolex 24 event hat and garage access on Sunday, a savings of 33 percent.
- Advance Auto Parts Clash/DAYTONA 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger: General admission frontstretch seating and infield access for the Sunday, Feb. 10 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series doubleheader with UNOH Fanzone/Pre-Race access, a savings of 33 percent.
- Duel At DAYTONA: General admission frontstretch seating ticket and UNOH Fanzone/Pre-Race access for the 150-mile qualifying races on Thursday night, Feb. 14, a savings of 43 percent.
- NextEra Energy 250: General admission frontstretch seating ticket and UNOH Fanzone/Pre-Race access for the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race on Friday night, Feb. 15, a savings of 29 percent.
- DAYTONA 300: General admission frontstretch seating ticket and UNOH Fanzone/Pre-Race access for the NASCAR Xfinity Series season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 16, a savings of 43 percent.
Kids 12 and under are FREE in general admission frontstretch seating and UNOH Fanzone for the above DAYTONA Speedweeks Presented By AdventHealth events.
There are also ticket package specials for fans of Bike Week At DAYTONA and the Coke Zero Sugar 400 weekend:
· DAYTONA Supercross: General admission ticket and Trackside Access, which gets you closer to the action than anywhere else on the circuit, can be purchased for $45 – a savings of 31 percent. The only Supercross event in Florida takes place Saturday, March 9.
· Coke Zero Sugar 400: Reserved ticket and a FanVision for $110, a savings of 25 percent, for the July 6 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event.
· Coca-Cola Firecracker 250: General admission and UNOH Fanzone for $50, a savings of 29 percent, for the July 5 NASCAR Xfinity Series event.
To take advantage of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday ticket specials, call 1-800-PITSHOP 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET or visit.
Fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on , , , , and , and by downloading Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest Speedway news throughout the season.
TooJay’s is saying thank you to loyal guests with four consecutive days of post-Thanksgiving weekend deals.
Kids Eat Free on Black Friday Weekend:
From Friday, November 23 through Sunday, November 25, Kids Eat Free at TooJay’s with the purchase of one adult entrée. This offer is valid for dine-in or take-out. Children age 12 and under must order from the Kid’s Menu of popular breakfast, lunch and dinner items.
The kids’ breakfast menu features French toast, half a Belgian waffle or an egg, along with a choice of two side items, including bacon strips, fresh fruit, toast and other popular choices. Topping the list of kid-friendly lunch and dinner favorites are hamburgers, mac & cheese, chicken strips, grilled cheese and deli dogs, along with two sides chosen from a selection of carrot sticks with Ranch dressing, Mandarin oranges, chocolate pudding, red grapes, French fries, apple sauce, or chocolate pudding, plus a famous TooJay’s mini black & white cookie.
This special offer is not valid with online orders, does not include beverages and cannot be combined with any other offers. Coupon must be shown to receive offer:https://www.toojays.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Kids-Eat-Free-Black-Friday-Coupon.pdf.
$25 Bonus Card on Cyber Monday:
For the first time ever, TooJay’s will give a $25 bonus for future use with free shipping to guests who spend $100 on gift cards online on Cyber Monday, November 26 from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST. TooJay’s gift cards are the perfect gift for teachers, friends, colleagues, stocking stuffers and food lovers. Conditions apply. See website for details.
Founded in 1981, TooJay’s has grown to 28 restaurants throughout Florida and currently serves guests in Palm Beach and Broward counties, the Treasure Coast, the West Coast of Florida, the Orlando area, The Villages and Polk County. Three new restaurants are expected to open in Naples, Fort Lauderdale and Dania Beach during the first half of 2019.
TooJay’s received the 2018 and 2017 Dining Award for Best Deli from Orlando Magazine, two Foodie Awards for Best Deli and Best Take-Out from the Orlando Sentinel, the 2016 Best of South Florida Award for Best Deli from the Sun Sentinel and ranked eighth in the country for Family Dining by Consumer Reports.
For more information about TooJay’s, visit TooJays.com. Follow TooJay’s at twitter.com/therealTooJays and instagram.com/toojaysdeli or visit the Facebook fan page, which has over 90 thousand fans, and become a fan at facebook.com/TooJaysDeli.
Tennis fans, this Black Friday ticket sale from the Delray Beach Open is for you!
· Sale is midnight Thursday to midnight Friday
· Applicable online @ YellowTennisBall.com/Tickets
· ATP Champions Tour: 50% off all individual tickets for Delray Beach Open’s 2019 ATP Champions Tour (Legends) matches (sessions 1-4). Includes Box seats and Reserved seats. ENTER PROMO CODE: CHAMPION. Includes opening night at 2019 Delray Beach Open and ATP Champions Tour Final Sunday (Sun. Feb. 17) when deciding matches are played in the Team Americas v Team World match-up. Your team needs you!
· ATP World Tour: 20% off all individual tickets for Delray Beach Open’s 2019 ATP World Tour matches (sessions 5-14). Includes Box seats and Reserved seats. ENTER PROMO CODE: THANKFUL19. Includes pre-scheduled matches for world #6 Kevin Anderson (Tues. Feb. 19, 2:30pm), defending champion Frances Tiafoe (Tues. Feb. 19, 6:00pm), former Delray Beach finalist Milos Raonic (Tues. Feb 19, 12:30pm), first-time Delray Beach appearance by Aussie sensation Nick Kyrgios (Tues. Feb. 19, 8:00pm) and the return of the Bryan Brothers (Wed. Feb. 20, 8:00pm).
LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is once again offering big savings with great offers that begin on Black Friday (Friday, Nov. 23) and continue through Cyber Monday (Monday, Nov. 26). This holiday shopping season, give the gift of awesome!
Instead of one day for deals the place #BuiltForKids is launching four straight days to save and secure a spot to visit THE LEGO® MOVIE™ WORLD when it opens in early spring 2019 by purchasing or renewing annual passes at this year’s prices. Here are this year’s deals:
15 awesome months for the price of 12 months
Purchase an Awesome or Awesomer Annual Pass during the four-day sale to receive 15 months of unlimited admission to LEGOLAND Florida theme park and LEGOLAND Water Park, unlimited visits to annual events, discounts on guest tickets and more.
Current annual passholders can save 15 percent and get three months free by renewing between Friday, Nov. 23 and Monday, Nov. 26. Plus, current passholders can save 30 percent at LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Beach Retreat on stays between January 6, 2019 and March 21, 2019. Blackout dates may be applied.
Guests can purchase a maximum of six Awesome or Awesomer Annual Passes per transaction; sales begin at 12:01 a.m. on November 23. Sign up to be the first to purchase at https://www.legoland.com/black-friday-deals-revealed. Please note that passes must be activated in person at the theme park within 60 days of purchase.
Stay – and play – and save 30 percent on room packages1
Book stays for January 6, 2019 through March 7, 2019 and save 30 percent. Packages start at just $951 per person, per day (plus tax)1 and include a one-night stay at LEGOLAND Hotel or LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, plus two-day theme park tickets for each member of the party. Guests of LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Beach Retreat also enjoy a bountiful breakfast buffet every morning except the date of check-in.
Sales begin at 12:01 a.m. on November 23. Until then, sign up and be there first to purchase at https://www.legoland.com/black-friday-deals-revealed. Book online or by telephone at (888) 690-5346, Option 2, only from Friday, Nov. 23 through Monday, Nov. 26, subject to availability. Telephone agents are available daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern. Blackout dates may be applied.
The package discount cannot be combined with other offers or applied to existing reservations or tickets.
- Pricing is per person, based on a one-night booking for two adults and two children 12 and under.
As part of the national Shop Small movement during the holidays, help celebrate the unique small businesses of Northwood Village that make this community so special. Northwood Village merchants will participate with their own Small Business Saturday event featuring an entire day of promotions including special deals and offers, gifts with purchase, sidewalk sales and more. For a complete list of participating merchants or for more information, visit facebook.com/
After you’ve finished your holiday marathon shopping adventure, sit down and get into the holiday “spirit” with a Grinch Martini!
If BLACK FRIDAY is a sport….it is one sport in which every player can WIN!
On your mark. Get SET. GO!!!!