Celebrate National Tequila Day with these amazing easy to make Tequila Shrimp recipe, and be sure to save some tequila for the Margaritas!
Spicy Mexican Shrimp al Tequila!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup tequila
- Tabasco sauce (6 dashes add a perfect spice for me)
- 1 lime
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until halfway cooked. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the stove and add the remaining olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cilantro, then return the cooked shrimp to the pan of vegetables.
- Pour the tequila into the pan and let simmer for just under one minute. Pour in the Tabasco sauce, and the juice from one lime. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over white rice.
Happy National Tequila Day Florida Friends!
See you soon and Buen Provecho Mi Gente!
Chef Martin Lopez