Spring will soon be here and so will a bunch of free, family-friendly activities you can enjoy at the City of West Palm Beach.
Highlights for March include:
- GreenMarket every Saturday (with the exception of March 24). On March 17, there will be a festive St. Patrick’s Day Photo Booth where guests can take photos with lucky, green props.
- Screen on the Green on March 9, which will feature cars-themed creative activities for kids, followed by the free screening of “Cars 3.”
- The City of West Palm Beach is encouraging residents and visitors to hurry to Currie Park for two very special events, The Palm Beach Post Spring Break Concert and a Spring Break Farmers Market, which will bookend the week of Spring Break for Palm Beach County Public Schools (March 19 to March 23).
**Please note, this month’s schedule includes cancellations of regularly occurring programming due to the Palm Beach International Boat Show; OF NOTE: there will be no Sunday on the Waterfront in March and other cancellations are noted throughout
Every Saturday; 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. FREE. NOTE: The GreenMarket will be CLOSED on March 24 due to the Palm Beach International Boat Show
West Palm Beach Waterfront
The West Palm Beach GreenMarket is the area’s first and premier green market located on the scenic West Palm Beach Waterfront. Visitors can shop more than 90 vendors featuring the freshest and most unique offerings, including local produce, plants, exotic flowers, herbs, baked goods, gourmet foods, teas, coffee, specialty pet products and much more. The GreenMarket also features live music, unlimited mimosas for $10, free activities for kids, plus plentiful green space and seating for a morning of fun and relaxation. This Saturday morning ritual in downtown West Palm Beach is the place to see and be seen! Special dates during March include:
- Saturday, March 3: Historical Walking Tour (10 a.m.)
- Saturday, March 17: St. Patrick’s Day Photo Booth/Historical Walking Tour (10 AM)
About the Historical Walking Tour
Due to popular demand last season, the historical walking tours are back with regularity. The tours will begin “By the Banyan” at 10 a.m., last approximately an hour-and-a-half, and end at the Johnson History Museum. They will be amplified this year, to accommodate for larger groups, and led by architect and historian Rick Gonzalez. Tours will take place twice a month, starting on October 7. The cost is $10 per person and require a minimum of 10 reservations. Visitors can learn more and purchase tickets by visiting www.hspbc.org/events/#historytours or calling 561.832.4164 ext. 2. Proceeds benefit the Historical Society of Palm Beach County.
The GreenMarket is friendly to dogs on short leashes and always free. Parking is free in two of the City’s closest garages, on the corners of Banyan/Olive and Evernia/Olive, during market hours. Those interested in arriving by boat can also take advantage of the City’s free public docks.
CLEMATIS BY NIGHT
Free Weekly Concert Series
Every Thursday; 6-9 p.m. FREE NOTE: No Clematis by Night on Thursday, March 22, due to the Palm Beach International Boat Show
West Palm Beach Waterfront
West Palm’s favorite Thursday night tradition proves why it has been the “hot spot to chill” for more than 20 years. During Clematis by Night, guests will enjoy live music, food and drink specials and the hottest local social scene, creating an unmatched seaside happy hour setting. For more information, please visit Wpb.org/events or follow the City of West Palm Beach on Facebook @CityofWPB, on Twitter @westpalmbch or on Instagram @westpalmbch.
- Thursday, March 1: The Holidazed (Reggae, Rock) | www.theholidazed.com
With very diverse styles, The Holidazed’s five-piece reggae/rock/funk band will create a great ambiance, and in turn, make the audience feel carried away – just like they are on holiday! The band creates progressive, heart-pounding music with modern technological inspiration. Their live show at the Waterfront will help guests relax and in the famous words of Marley, “don’t worry.”
- Thursday, March 8: Lara Hope & The Ark-Tones (Rockabilly/Roots Rock ‘n’ Roll) | www.larahopeandthearktones.com
Winner of the 2017 Ameripolitan Music Award for Best Female Rockabilly Artist, and named the “Best Up-And-Coming Band” by Hudson Valley Magazine, Lara Hope & The Ark-Tones are New York’s premier roots rock ‘n’ roll, rockabilly, and R&B outfit. This fun-loving band plays their own original musical offerings with a vintage style, as well as re-workings of classics and standards for listeners of all ages, likes, and walks of life.
- Thursday, March 15: Luis Manuel & The Latin Ensemble (Latin) | www.thelatinensembleband.com
The Latin Ensemble, lead by musician and songwriter Luis Manuel, offers the best live Latin performance in the area. Luis Manuel, who is known as ‘El Salsero Urbano’, holds three International Latin Music awards, more than 20 compilations, and one solo album with SONY Music. Guests will sing and dance to their versatile repertoire, including salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia, paso doble, and folkloric rhythms from Venezuela, Colombia and Puerto Rico.
- Thursday, March 22: Palm Beach International Boat Show. No Clematis by Night.
- Thursday, March 29: The Flyers (Rock) | www.theflyersmusic.com
If you thought that South Florida couldn’t get any hotter, then you must be one of the few that have not seen the famed band, The Flyers. The Flyers is an energetic, heart-pounding, power trio that lights up performances with their charismatic take on songs that audiences know and love. With an ability to captivate, and spread good vibes, guests are in for a show. Whether looking to sing along, or dance to the song, guests are sure to get all this and more at The Flyers show!
SCREEN ON THE GREEN
Friday, March 9, 2018
“Cars 3” (G)
6 – 10 p.m. FREE
6:00 PM Kids Activities on the Great Lawn
On your mark, get set and GO!… down to the Waterfront! Kids and their pit crew are invited to rooooom and zooooom over to the Waterfront in advance of this month’s Screen on the Green, Cars 3, for movie-themed creative activities, by sponsor Rhythm & Hues. Borrow some Lightning McQueen magic so you don’t miss out on the fun!
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician with her own plan to win, inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet, and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Outdoor movie watching has never been more inviting than on the West Palm Beach Waterfront. Monthly, on the second Friday of the month, the City of West Palm Beach turns the Great Lawn into an open-air theater – movie and included views of the stars and sea are both FREE. Guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair and snuggle up for featured films – including newly released hits and throwback favorites. After hours, please call 561-822-2222 for information on event cancellations.
Special “Hurry to Currie” Spring Break events include:
THE PALM BEACH POST SPRING BREAK CONCERT
Sunday, March 18, 2018
4 – 7 p.m. FREE | Currie Park, 2400 North Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Caribbean Chillers (Tribute to Jimmy Buffett) | http://www.caribbeanchillers.com/
- This Palm Beach Post Sunday on the Waterfront may be changing its latitude, but certainly not its attitude! Guests are being asked, in the words of a Jimmy Buffett song, to “Take Another Road,” and head to Currie Park instead. Once there, the Caribbean Chillers, a Jimmy Buffett tribute band, will make concert goers feel like they are in “Margaritaville.” Under the sway of palm trees on the waterfront, Parrotheads will relax to sights and sounds that make this special event feel like a real Jimmy Buffett concert. Bring your picnic basket, lawn chairs and blankets!
SPRING BREAK FARMERS MARKET
Saturday, March 24, 2018
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. FREE | Currie Park, 2400 North Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- During this special farmers market, guests are encouraged to shop from the more than 30 vendors featuring the freshest and most unique offerings, including local produce, plants, exotic flowers, herbs, baked goods, gourmet foods, teas, coffee, specialty pet products and much more. The GreenMarket also features live music and free activities for kids.
***activities are subject to change and cancellation***