Yes, we know it isn’t #TastyThursday, but whenever we see another amazing foodie holiday trending on social media, we just at the chance to let our experienced team of culinarians share some of their talents with you.
On this National Pizza Party Day, we wanted to get in on the action with an amazing Vegan Cauliflower Crust Pizza!
• 2 cups riced cauliflower (about ½ head cauliflower)
• 1 TBSP chia seed or flaxseed
• salt and pepper to taste
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp fennel seeds
• basil for garnish
• ½ tsp oregano
• 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
• Pre-head oven to 450 degrees.
• Break cauliflower into florets.
• Lightly blend until you get a “rice like” consistency- (makes about 2 cups).
• Using a cheese cloth, squeeze excess water from cauliflower.
• Transfer to a bowl and combine remaining ingredients.
• On baking sheet, spray coconut oil (or other oil) then spread out “dough” and form your desired pizza shape.
• Bake for about 20-25 minutes (the edges will have turned brown).
• Remove from oven and add your favorite sauce, choice of cheese and toppings.
• Put back in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
• ENJOY! Don’t forget to your salad 🥗
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.