Hurricane Irma has passed, and the League of Women Voters of Palm Beach County confirms that these two issues-oriented, thought-provoking events are still going on – and the public is invited!
Hot Topics Luncheon
Wednesday, September 20 in Atlantis
WHY COURTS MATTER
‘The Impact Federal Court Decisions Have on Daily Lives’
The main speaker is Nancy Abudu, Director of Legal Operation for ACLU of Florida. This luncheon event will be held from 11 am to 1 pm at the Atlantis Country Club, 190 Atlantis Boulevard in Lake Worth. The cost to attend is only $25. Register online today at http://lwvpbc.org or call Estelle Friedman at 561.968.4123.
Cool Topics Discussion
Wednesday, September 27 in West Palm Beach
CONSTITUTIONAL CRISES (de jour)
Guaranteed to Keep You ‘Up at Night’
- Is Emolument Clause on the Menu?
- Is Treason Only Eaten Rare?
- What’s the Difference Between Collusion and Conspiracy?
- Is the Mythical Shangri-la the Only True ‘Sanctuary City?’
- At What Constitutional Temperature Does One Bake a High Crime or Misdemeanor?
- Is Gerrymandering Still a Delectable Political Dish
- Is There a Recipe for ‘Cooking the Goose’ of the Special Counsel?
The main speaker is Irving Labovitz, J.D., Adjunct Professor Business Law at Florida Atlantic University. This important and informative presentation followed by Q&A will be held at 6 pm at the Palm Beach Post Auditorium, 2751 S. Dixie Highway in West Palm Beach (the southwest corner of Dixie and Belvedere Road). While there is no cost to attend this event, interested people are encouraged to register in advance online at www.lwvpbc.org.