How many of you have ever been to the Opera? My guess is not very many, but our next mover and shaker hopes to try and change that. Ceci Dadisman is the Director of Communications at Palm Beach Opera and is on the National Arts Marketing Project Advisory Committee (a project of Americans for the Arts), is the OPERA America Marketing Network Chair, is a founding member of the Palm Beach Technology Association, and is the Chapter Leader of Girl Develop It West Palm Beach (a nonprofit that provides affordable education teaching women how to code).
Ceci is constantly working to make arts andculture more accessible to the average person in Palm Beach County. She is also working to increase opportunities for women in the technology field and to empower them to do more in this space. A frequent public speaker, she often gives workshops on how nonprofits, small businesses, and freelancers can improve their digital marketing to grow their businesses. She is a nationally-known expert in arts marketing and speaks around the country and at lots of national conferences.
Recently, she took a few minutes out of her busy schedule to tell us a bit more about herself, her job, and how she spends her time.
- What town do you live in? I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA and I currently live in West Palm Beach
- Where did you attend school? West Virginia University (Let’s Go Mountaineers!!!)
- What motivates you every morning? The desire to share how great opera and the arts are to everyone in our community and beyond.
- What would you say is your idea of a perfect day? Any day that I can spend with my kids.
- Who do inspires you? My mom has always been a big source of inspiration to me.
- How did you decide to go into your business/profession? After a time as a professional classical musician, I realized that I had a knack for marketing and that I could use that skill to bring people to see classical music and theater events, rather than performing in them myself.
- Which achievement are you most proud of? I’m incredibly proud of the work I’ve done to bring the power technology and digital marketing to nonprofit arts organizations.
- What has been the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome? The stereotypes associated with nonprofit arts organizations.
- What is the biggest accomplishment that you’d like to achieve over the next 5 years? To create a successful online education series for nonprofits and freelancers about digital marketing.
- How do you think your friends & coworkers would describe you? Driven, intense, passionate.
- Where’s your favorite place to go in Palm Beach County? I love going to the West Palm Beach GreenMarket with my kids.
- If you could go back in time and talk to yourself ten years ago, what advice would you give? Keep your eye on the prize. Stay strong. Go big or go home.
We here at Palm Beach Happening wish to congratulate Ceci on being named one of the 2015 Palm Beach Happening Movers&Shakers, and hope that the next season of the Palm Beach Opera is the most successful yet!
Over the next two weeks, we will be profiling all of the winners of the 2015 Palm Beach Happening Movers and Shakers. Keep an eye out for the next profile in the series, Owen O’Neill!