Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, continues to build a spectacular lineup for the 2018 Palm Beach Auction with the addition of the South Florida Collection. Included in the nearly all No Reserve collection that will cross the block during the 16th Annual Auction April 12-15, 2018 at the South Florida Fairgrounds, are a pair of Ferraris highlighted by a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT.
“Collections always present a unique opportunity for collector car enthusiasts, and we are excited to add the South Florida Collection to Palm Beach,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Certain to appeal to the diverse group of car enthusiasts at our auctions, this great collection is an eclectic mix of cars guaranteed to bring excitement to the auction block. The South Florida Collection, along with the John Staluppi Cars of Dreams Collection and all the great automotive lifestyle activities throughout our event, ensures a can’t-miss experience this year in Palm Beach.”
Headlining the South Florida Collection is a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT (Lot #722) with an outstanding nut-and-bolt restoration. Finished in Rosso over black, it features a 2.6-liter engine and 5-speed manual transmission. Also included in the collection is a white 1983 Ferrari 512 BBi (Lot #723) powered by a 4.9-liter, 12-cylinder engine with a 5-speed manual transmission.
“The South Florida Collection adds to the diversity of our docket at Palm Beach,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “With vehicles spanning seven decades and featuring everything from a Willys Jeep and Mustangs to Jaguars and Ferraris, this collection is just one component of what is going to make this a memorable and exciting Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach Auctions ever.”
The collection will also bring a remarkable group of Chevrolets to Palm Beach, all offered at No Reserve, including:
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot #414.1) – Correct T56G 265ci V8 engine and 3-speed manual transmission
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (Lot #413) – Powered by the iconic DZ302 engine coupled with an M21 Muncie 4-speed manual transmission
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible (Lot #412.1) – One-of-a-kind build finished in Medium Blue with a gorgeous white leather interior
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 350/500 Convertible (Lot #412) – Small-block 350ci engine with a Holley 4-barrel carburetor producing approximately 500hp, along with a 4-speed manual transmission
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air (Lot #413.1) – Restored to the highest standard, equipped with a dual 4-barrel carbureted 283ci engine, mated to a Powerglide transmission
The Vehicle Docket for the 2018 Palm Beach Auction, along with additional event details, are now available at Barrett-Jackson.com. For more information on becoming a bidder for the 2018 Palm Beach Auction, including the John Staluppi Cars of Dreams Collection and the South Florida Collection, follow the link to www.Barrett-Jackson.com/bid.