This week, households all across the country will be gathering around the communal table to celebrate their bounty and enjoy the fellowship of their fellow man. Of course, many will just be there to eat turkey, watch some football, and hopefully not kill each other when the discussion turns to politics!
There are many in our community, however, who don’t have the means to enjoy the holiday as much as others. For that reason, WIRK is currently holding a Thanksgiving Food Drive at the Palm Beach Outlets. A station employee will be continuously on site (yes, sleeping there overnight!) through Wed., Nov. 22, at noon.
After the turkey has settled, the official start of the holiday shopping season begins, when the outlets open at 6 p.m., Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23, and will remain open until 1 a.m. All stores will reopen later that day on Black Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• From 8 to 10 a.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 24, guests who go to customer service will receive a free gift card valued between $5 – $20 from Starbucks, TooJay’s or Whole Foods Market, while supplies last (no purchase necessary; must be 18 or older and one per person, who must be present to receive this gift).
• At 10 a.m. on Black Friday and continuing through Nov. 26 (Sunday of Black Friday weekend), customers who spend $150 or more will receive a free gift card valued between $5-$20 from Starbucks, TooJay’s or Whole Foods Market, while supplies last. This promo will take place at Customer Service only (must be 18 or older and one per person, who must be present to receive this gift).
• Prizes for both Black Friday promotions will be given at random and cannot be exchanged.
• For the second year in a row, Palm Beach Outlets is offering a generous holiday gift, giving each family two free professional Santa photos along with a digital download of a single image. (One giveaway per family, per Christmas season. Some restrictions may apply.) The promotion starts on Black Friday and continues through Dec. 24.
• There will be various Black Friday specials at more than 130 stores.
• Unlike online shopping, guests can enjoy the ambiance of holiday trimmings, music being broadcast live by local radio stations starting at 10 a.m. on Black Friday, and human interaction! In between shopping, guests can stop and enjoy free cookies and apple cider that the stations will be handing out.