Pre-registration for the pet friendly shelter has closed. Please note that the shelter will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis starting at 10 am on Friday, 9/8/17. Due to capacity restrictions, we make no guarantee that late arrivals can be accommodated. All human overflow will be directed to the adjacent public shelter at the Park Vista High School.
Location: West Boynton Recreational Center
6000 Northtree Blvd., Lake Worth
The shelter is only available to Palm Beach County residents who reside in a mandatory evacuation zone, in a mobile home, or in sub-standard housing; Proof of residency will be required. The shelter will be accepting 1 animal caretaker per family and all other members of the family will be directed to the Park Vista High School next door.
Suggested items for people include:
- Light personal bedding material
- At least 2 change of clothes
- Any necessary medications
- Any special diet items
- Chargers for your essential electronics
- Small entertainment items, such as books, board games, cards, etc.
Suggested items for pets include:
- Bedding for kennel or carrier
- Properly fitted collar and leash for dogs.
- Cats need to be in a carrier.
- 3-5 days of food for your pet
- Any necessary mediations for your pet
- Toys, chew bones, or other small enrichment items to keep your pet calm.
- ID tags with name and phone number attached to pet’s collar or harness.
Staff will be available on site to answer any additional questions.
For additional information, please visit http://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/animalcare or call (561) 233-1200, extension 0.