On August 13, tens of thousands of students will return to school in the Palm Beaches. Some will be more eager to return than others, but all will be in for a year of learning, both in and out of the classroom.
This year, Palm Beach Happening is proud to put together our first back to school guide. In it, we will try to give each and every student, as well as their parents, some tips on how to make the 2018-19 school year the best ever!
- As they say, safety first! Check out this list of ten back to school safety tips to help make sure the kids are prepared and safe.
- We all can agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Check out this recipe for a simple dish that will get you raring to go all day long!
- Of course, the best way to pick up school supplies is when they’re on sale, so be sure to take advantage of the 2018 Back to School Tax Holiday!
- Sponsored by the Board of County Commissioners, the Office of Community Revitalization (OCR), Friends of Foster Children and community partners, the Back to School Bash provides free school supplies, physicals, haircuts and community resources to students from low-income, homeless, and foster families in Palm Beach County to help prepare them for the new school year.
- Elementary, middle, and high schoolers don’t get to have all the fun, though. For those of you who are starting college this fall, you might want to check out some of our expert tips on finding the perfect college roommate!
- No matter what level of education you or your child is entering, it’s important to have an organized homework station. Check out these tips to find your happy homework place!
- No one wants to be the ugly duckling at school. Click here for some Back to School beauty tips!
- Once you’ve got all your school shopping done, it’s time to party! You can do so safely, and get wet at the same time, at the Back-to-School Splash!
August means the end of summer vacation for many, and a return to the world of learning. For small children, the first day of school can be both a scary and exciting time. Sometimes, picking up a few books about what to expect will help calm nerves, and get kids geared up for the excitement that awaits them. Hopefully this listing will help the transition from summertime fun to fall learning a bit easier for everyone involved.
Stay tuned to Palm Beach Happening for everything going on in our slice of paradise, from education to the environment, theme parks to theater, restaurants to roadwork and everything in between!