In the words of the immortal Ferris Bueller, “the world moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Let’s face it. We live in a dog eat dog world. A world where high stress and not enough pay tend can make everyone a little snap happy.
Thankfully, we also live in the sunshine state! A place where millions of people travel every year to escape reality. The lucky part for Florida residents is that we don’t have to travel as far, so we have more time for fun!
The question is…where do you go for your off-time? Do you lounge by the pool and let your cares float away? Do you jump on a wild rollercoaster and let your hair blow in the wind? Perhaps you want to be slightly educational and see how creative people can get with LEGOs? Maybe you want a little bit of everything, and are interested in the Summer Savings Pass?
This year, we are pleased to present our first annual Summer Vacation Guide! Here, we will attempt to corral many of the different places you can go to to help get your head screwed on straight in our wacky world!
- Delray Beach – Local residents are encouraged to visit www.DelrayBeachSummer.com and describe their “perfect day in Delray,” including morning, afternoon and evening activities, and also submit a photo showing themselves so engaged.The collected recommendations and photos will be packaged into a series of print and internet advertisements, eblasts and online postings, including a TripAdvisor co-op campaign, pitching Delray Beach as the perfect spot for a memorable vacation for fun-loving singles, romantic couples or the whole family.
If you’re interested in spending part of your Summer Staycation in beautiful Delray Beach, be sure to check out some of the special offers that Crane’s Beach House is offering!
- Manalapan – As part of its continuing celebration of its Forbes Five-Star Award for the second year in a row, Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa in Manalapan is excited to offer three summer ‘staycation’ specials! Whether you’re looking for the perfect family beach getaway, want to indulge in Spa time and shopping with your BFFs, or are a yogi ready to rock out, Eau Palm Beach is offering something for everyone this summer!
- West Palm Beach – The City of West Palm Beach will celebrate the return of its popular Summer in Paradise (S.I.P) annual celebration beginning June 1 through August 31, 2017. This free, summer-long promotion will transport residents and visitors into a colorful collection of classic tales and treasured life-lessons along the waterfront. New elements include the debut of Aesop’s Tables, a whimsical art installation featuring 25 picnic tables painted to depict one of Aesop’s fables. A direct tie to Mayor Jeri Muoio’s pledge declaring West Palm Beach as a City of Kindness, the storybook setting provides an opportunity for all to connect, explore local art, share their own stories and enjoy family friendly activities on the West Palm Beach waterfront. Click here to learn more!
- Summer Movie Guide – With summer blockbuster such as the Transformers hitting the screen in June, and Jurassic World 2, the live action Beauty and the Beast, as well as the eighth installment of the Fast and the Furious and the newest Pirates of the Caribbean, it has the makings of a summer of larger than life fun.Nearly every week from now through August includes something for everyone, sequels galore, superheroes, vampires, and comedies. Don’t just check out the movies this summer…check out the different kinds of theaters available in your area. After all, it’s all about location, location, location. Check out some of the current and upcoming films on the big screen this summer.
- Summer Camp Guide – Although we may want to spend our entire summertime away, sometimes the kiddos need something to do while their parents are working. As we immerse ourselves into those lazy days of summer, many parents find themselves looking for new and different types of camps to send the kids. After all, family vacations are great but why not let your kids try something new like learning a new skill or craft? Click here for some fun camps in the area that you and your kids might want to check out.
- Water Park Guide – People often wonder aloud, “why would you go to a waterpark when the beach is right there?” Whether you live here or are just visiting, it’s hard to argue with the allure of riding a waterslide down to a splashy end, lounging the day away in the lazy river, or simply bobbing along in a wave pool. South Florida is home to several amazing aquatic attractions, some a lot bigger than others, but all with one common connection: waterslides!
- LEGOLAND Florida – More than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO® brands await at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, including experiences based on “The LEGO Movie™,” LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO City, LEGO Technic and LEGO Friends. Click here for more details!
- Universal Orlando – Universal Orlando’s theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, are home to some of the world’s most exciting and innovative theme park experiences – including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Hogsmeade and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-Diagon Alley. And on May 25, 2017, Universal Orlando will open its third park, Universal’s Volcano Bay – an entirely new water theme park experience. Universal’s on-site resort hotels, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and the all-new Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, are destinations unto themselves. Its entertainment complex, Universal CityWalk, offers dining and entertainment for every member of the family. Click here to learn more about the park and attractions!
- Walt Disney World – This summer season, guests can discover a magical mix of new and unforgettable experiences throughout Walt Disney World Resort, with an all-new land and evening show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a dazzling new show at Magic Kingdom Park, epic entertainment at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and world-class dining at Disney Springs. See more at DisneyWorld.com!
- Lion Country Safari – Lion Country Safari, located in West Palm Beach, is a four-mile drive-through safari with over 900 animals roaming free within inches of your vehicle including giraffe, zebra, rhinos, lions, wildebeests and more. Admission includes entry to Safari World Amusement Park with animal encounters (giraffe feeding, bird feeding and petting zoo) and demonstrations, kid’s train, carousel, paddle boats, water spray ground and more), games, shopping, food and thrills. We are located on Southern Boulevard (SR80) (just 15 miles west of I-95/10 miles west of the Turnpike). The park is open daily. For more information, call (561) 793-1084 or visit:www.LionCountrySafari.com
- Miami Seaquarium – Discover South Florida’s best aquarium and favorite visitor attraction. Enjoy amazing marine mammal shows with dolphins and sea lions that delight children of all ages. Make a feathered friend at the new Penguin Isle exhibit and even get the chance to meet them! See world-class sea life exhibits with manatees, sea turtles, penguins, rays and more. Learn about wildlife rescue and marine animal care at the Conservation Outpost. Plus, there is no greater thrill than getting in the water with the friendly, intelligent and graceful dolphins at Dolphin Harbor. Connect up close and personal…and become friends for life! Miami Seaquarium is minutes from downtown Miami, on the Rickenbacker Causeway, on the way to Key Biscayne. The park is opened daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. For more information or to book a dolphin interaction experience, call (305) 361-5705 or visit www.miamiseaquarium.com
- Museum of Discovery and Science – Spend a day of discovery exploring hundreds of interactive exhibits including the Birds of Paradise summer exhibit from National Geographic. Visitors can take a ride on the Everglades Airboat Adventure, experience hurricane force winds in the Storm Center, dig for fossils alongside a giant prehistoric megalodon, enjoy the playful antics of North American river otters and see exciting science demonstrations. Meet an alligator and get eye-ball to eye-ball with a huge Florida spiny lobster. Take a ride to Mars or soar through the skies in an FA-18 cockpit simulator. Whether you’re two or 82 visit the Museum of Discovery and Science and enjoy a full day of family fun. The Museum is open seven days a week, 365 days a year; Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. and is located at 401 S.W. Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312. For more information call (954) 467-MODS (6637) or visit our web site at: http://ssp2017.bpt.me
- Zoo Miami – Visitors to Zoo Miami can now enjoy the NEW Florida: Mission Everglades expansion with alligators, bobcats, a bald eagle, a Florida panther and more impressive Florida natives. Guests can slide along otters, come face to face with bears, crawl through a tunnel in the crocodile exhibit, float along the Lostman’s River “airboat” ride, play in the Cypress Landing Playground and more! Zoo Miami is located at 12400 SW 152 street; Miami, FL 33177. Hours are 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; ticket booths close at 4 p.m. Parking is free. For more information, please visit www.zoomiami.org or call (305) 251-0400.
This listing will be updated throughout the summer to help you plan out your #SummerStaycation!