In the tongue-in-cheek spirit of such events as Napoleon Wineamite, Caskablanca and Wine’s World, Tampa’s non-profit majestic movie palace is proud to announce dates, themes and tickets for three of its biggest annual events:
The third-annual NYE Wrap Party is going to be groovy, baby (yeah!) as Tampa Theatre goes shagadelic on Monday, Dec. 31, from 9:00pm until 1:00am. Join Dr. Evil and Mr. Bigglesworth for heavy hors d’oeuvres and desserts, live music and dancing, the ball drop LIVE on the big screen at midnight, and an open beer-and-wine bar all night long… all for “one meeeeellion dollars.” (Just kidding! Tickets are only $99 for general admission and $89 for Theatre Members). Austin Powers-themed signature themed cocktails (Mini-Me-mosas, anyone?) and a cash liquor bar will also be available.
Then, the event is Fest… WineFest… when Tampa Theatre presents its biggest fundraiser of the year, Vino Royale. The Bond-themed weekend on Feb. 22-23 will include:
· A two-tiered Wine Tasting on Friday with dozens of boutique wines, small plates from Tampa’s top independent restaurants, and premium silent auction items representing Bay area retailers, restaurants, services and attractions. Premium admission starts at 7:00pm and tickets are $90; Grand admission starts at 8:00pm, and tickets are $55. Tampa Theatre Members save $10 off either level.
· On Saturday, the Theatre’s historic stage will be expanded to seat more than 275 for the elegant Wine Pairing at 007 pm. The multi-course menu by Mise En Place chef Marty Blitz is expertly paired with exquisite wines, and the evening also includes a spectacular live auction of getaway trips and unique experiences. Tickets are $275 per person or $500 per couple.
And while any non-profit arts organization can throw one incredible gala in a weekend, Tampa Theatre is shooting for the stars by planning TWO: After Vino Royale wraps on Saturday night, the majestic movie palace will roll out the red carpet (literally) for its 20th annual Hollywood Awards Night on Sunday, Feb. 24.
The Red Carpet Reception begins under the historic Franklin Street marquee at 7:00pm giving guests the opportunity to take a limo ride around the block, sign autographs for adoring fans, dish with “Roan Jivers” about who they’re wearing, rub shoulders with costumed characters representing Hollywood’s biggest bigwigs, and snap a photo with a living award “statue.” Inside, there will be games, prizes, and hair and makeup touch-ups with professional stylists.
ABC’s live coverage of the Academy Awards begins at 8:00pm on the big screen, and with the stage deck still in place from Saturday night’s Wine Pairing, the bay area’s longest-running OSCAR watch party offers THREE viewing options:
· $20 BALCONY TICKET: All of the Red Carpet Reception activities on Franklin Street and admission to watch the Academy Awards broadcast from the balcony, plus free popcorn, soda and water. Theatre Members save $5, and groups of four or more save $4 per ticket!
· $50 MEZZANINE TICKET: All of the Red Carpet Reception activities on Franklin Street, admission to watch the Academy Awards broadcast from a reserved seat in the mezzanine level, two complimentary drink tickets redeemable for beer or wine, and VIP drink service to your seat, plus free popcorn, soda and water. Theatre Members save $5.
· $150 PARTY DECK TICKET: All of the Red Carpet Reception activities on Franklin Street and admission to watch the Academy Awards broadcast from the VIP Party Deck, which features a buffet dinner; open beer, wine and signature cocktails until 11:00pm from the exclusive deck-side bar; free popcorn, soda and water; and casual lounge open seating. (Theatre Members save $5, and reserved seating is available for parties of six or more.)
Tickets for all three events went on sale at the historic Franklin Street Box Office and online at www.TampaTheatre.org at 10:00am Monday, Sept. 10.