What’s for breakfast? This eternal question has baffled society since the dawn of time.
Now, with the current smoothie craze that seems to be sticking around, Chef Zelicious has found the answer: Antioxidant Boosting Breakfast Smoothie Bowl!
● 2 frozen banana
● 1 tablespoon almond butter
● 1/2 cup frozen cherries, mixed berries or frozen blueberries
● 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
● 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
● 1/2 fresh banana, sliced
● fresh raspberries
● fresh blackberries
● 1 teaspoon chia seeds
● 1 tablespoon pepitas
● 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
● 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Add frozen banana, cherries, hemp seeds, almond butter, cinnamon, and almond milk to a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Top smoothie with sliced bananas, raspberries, blackberries, chia seeds, pepitas, coconut flakes, and pomegranate seeds.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.