Do you ever just feel like you need a pick me up, especially after working outside in the South Florida sun? If so, you might want to try some of Chef Z’s balls!
- 1 Cup lightly toasted old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Teaspoon coffee
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons raw agave or maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 Cup almond flakes
- 2 Cups raw almond butter
- Pinch of cayenne pepper for heat-optional
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl. Use your hands to really work the ingredients together.
- Adjust a bit if necessary, adding a bit more almond butter if the mixture won’t stay in a ball shape. Alternately, add more oats if the mixture is too sticky.
- You can shape into balls by hand.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate, and refrigerate or freeze.
Note: I keep these on hand for a little energy boost before my workout class, or even to your book club. All ingredients at room temperature.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.