This week, millions of love-struck people bought their special someone chocolate. Cupid is probably a bigger consumer of this amazing concoction that the Easter bunny!
Today, we provide you a recipe that is most women’s weakness – Double Chocolate Fudge!
● ½ cup sunflower butter
● ½ cup brown rice syrup, or honey if not strictly vegan
● 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
● 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
● ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
● 1 cup chocolate chip- any kind
● ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
● Pinch of salt
● 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips
● 1 cup coconut flakes
● Extra mini chocolate chips, for topping
● 2 Tbsp. hempseed
● Fresh mint to garnish
1. Line an 8×8 baking pan with a parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add nut butter, coconut oil, coconut butter, and rice syrup, stirring until the nut butter is melted and fully combined with the rice syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid burning, and add cocoa powder and salt, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and add in chocolate chips, allowing the heat from the nut butter mixture to melt them before stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
3. Add chocolate nut butter mixture, stirring until well combined.
4. Transfer the mixture into your prepared baking pan, using your fingers or a spatula to ensure that it is pressed down firmly and evenly. Top with extra chocolate chips. Cover pan with a sheet of foil and place into the fridge or freezer to set, at least 30 minutes, but preferably closer to two hours.
5. When mixture has set, remove from pan using the foil overhang, and use a sharp knife to cut into individual bars. Bars are best stored in a sealed container at room temperature.
I used a creamy sunflower butter, but feel free to use whichever nut butter is your favorite.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.