Everyone loves to get their hands on some yummy balls around the holidays, right? If you like your balls dark and nutty, this is the recipe for you!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats or coconut flour, almond flour
- 1 cup natural raw unsalted almond butter or peanut butter-optional
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Stir everything together in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Test to see if the mixture will hold together in balls. If it’s too dry, add more almond butter (or, if you’d like more sweetness, agave nectar). If it’s too wet, add more oats or ground flaxseed. Form into balls, about a scant tablespoon each. This Treats perfect for your healthy guest to snack on.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593