It’s February 1st, and we all know what that means; Valentine’s Day is less than 2 weeks away!
Although many of you will undoubtedly hit the stores for candies, flowers, and other symbols of store bought love, perhaps this year you should cook with your heart, and surprise your Valentine with some homemade COCONUT ALMOND BUTTER CUPS WITH CHOCOLATE!
- ½ Cup raw unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup maple syrup or agave-optional
- ¼ Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ Teaspoon Doterra peppermint oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup almond butter
- 1/8 Cup melted coconut oil
- Pinch of pink salt
- Line cupcake pan with 7 liners.
- In glass bowl, combine all ingredients, and place bowl over small pot of boiling water.
- Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Remove pot from heat and pour mixture evenly into cupcake liners.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.
Be sure to checkout our Valentine’s Day Guide for more romantic ideas on how to celebrate the holiday of love!