The riced cauliflower craze is one of the most popular foodie finds out there, and this week, we are proud to offer up Chef Z’s take on it.
It’s very healthy for you and low carbs.
- 1 Head cauliflower grated
- 1-½ Tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ Teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ Cumin powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ Teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Red pepper sliced
- 1 Small shallot chopped
- 1 Tablespoon walnut and Pecans chopped
- 1-½ Pine nut – Do not chop
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper – optional for heat
- Chopped cilantro or rosemary to garnish
Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mixed well. You can always adjust the ingredients according to your taste. Use food processor until small-size rice consistency is achieved. Feel free to double or triple this to bring to a party! Dish is also good for stir fry.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.