Sometimes, holiday partying leaves you feeling bloated, tired, and unable to get on with life. You might just have partied a bit too hard, and your body needs something to kick it back into gear.
This week, Chef Zelicious offers up her incredible Z Fresh Mint Detox Green Smoothie in order to do just that!
- 1⁄2 Cups organic fresh mint
- 1 Medium avocado, pitted and peele
- 1 Ripe frozen organic banana
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Ripe kiwi peeled
- 1⁄2 Cup almond milk
- 1 Cup raw coconut water or filtered water
- 1 Inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 Cup ice cubesPut all the ingredients into a vita-mix or blender and blast on high until smooth and creamy.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.