As many have said before, we’re having a very “Florida cold” winter. High temperatures are only in the 70s, and many nights have reached below 50! With that, we need some yummy soup!
Roasted Carrot and White Bean Soup
- 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 2-½ cups white bean, cooked
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 5 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic, whole with peel intact
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp tomatoes paste
- 1 Tbsp za’atar (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (plus more for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss carrots with garlic, za’atar and olive oil.
- Arrange mixture on baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully remove garlic skin.
- In blender combine roasted carrots, garlic and all remaining ingredients and process on high until smooth, thinning with additional water if necessary.
- Note: Depending on size of blender, this step may need to be completed in smaller batches.
- Transfer soup to pot and heat over medium.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with a sprinkle of za’atar, cheese,roasted nut, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.
If you’re interested in sampling a few yummy chili concoctions, check out the Riverwalk Chili Cook Off!