Memorial Day is considered the start of the summer season, and when you think summer in most of the country, you think about firing up the grill. Here in South Florida, Ol’ Smokey gets a workout throughout the year, but the grilling bug is still strongest during “grilling season.”
So, why not hit the porch, enjoy some tasty beverages, and flame up some yummy Salmon Burgers!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless wild alaskan salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon five spice
- 1 date pitted
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together and is free of most chunks, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor once or twice if needed. If it seems a bit thin to you, add more bread crumbs a small handful at a time until everything comes together.
- Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and use your hands to (really) press and form into round but flat-ish patties.
- whole-grain sandwich buns (for sandwiches) or large lettuce leaves gluten-free wraps.
- Desired toppings: lettuce, sliced tomato, sprouts, onion, coleslaw mixed, avocado, plus additional hoisin sauce.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.