● 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
● 2 Teaspoons baking powder
● 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon or nutmeg
● ¼ Teaspoon salt
● 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or agave or honey)
● 1 Teaspoon vanilla
● ¼ Cup unsweetened organic applesauce
● 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk.
Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest, ¼ cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
4. On your griddle, begin to cook the pancakes, using about ¼ cup of the batter for each one.
5. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip.
Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve.
6. Garnish with your fresh organic berries
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.