The summer is almost here, and with that, the urge to cook over the stove diminishes very quickly! Luckily, Chef Zelicious has a cure for that dilemma with this week’s recipe.
NO COOK ALFREDO ZOODLES PASTA:
● 4 zucchinis, medium to large-sized
● 1 cup of tomatoes of choice
● 1 big bunch of fresh basil (about 1⁄2 cup packed)
● 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint
● 1 cup arugula
● 1 lime, zest and juice
● 1⁄2 cup of cashews, soaked overnight
● 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
● 2 cloves of garlic
● 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
● 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
● Pinch of salt
1. Spiralise zucchini with a spiralizer or julienne with a mandolin slicer. Place zoodles in a
large bowl with 3⁄4 cup of tomatoes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes, to a high-powered blender and
blend until extremely smooth. If the ingredients are not blending, gradually add olive oil
until it blends into a thick sauce.
3. Pour sauce over zoodles and mix thoroughly.
4. Separate zoodles to serving plates and top with remaining tomatoes.
5. My guilty pleasure free pasta with a glass of wine……….
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.