Looking for a quick, easy, and colorful dessert to bring with you to Easter dinner? If so, perhaps you’d like to try this Creamy Lime and Avocado CheeseCake!
- 1 Cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ Cup raw pistachio chopped
- ½ Cup raw walnut chopped
- ½ Cup dates (about 12 dates-(pitted and soaked)
- 1-2 Teaspoons lime zest
- ½ Cup almond butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Avocados
- ¼ Cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ Cup coconut or agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ Teaspoon rosewater
- 1 Teaspoon lime zest
- Process the crust ingredients (coconut, pistachio, walnut, almond butter, dates, lime zest and sea salt) in a food processor or mini chopper until the dates have turned into sticky paste holding the crust ingredients together. Take mixture out of the processor and press evenly into two mini springform pans. Place pans in freezer while you make the tart filling.
- While the crust is setting in the freezer, blend ingredients for the filling (avocados, rosewater, lime juice, agave, coconut oil and lime zest) in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- Pour half the avocado filling over the crust in one pan and then pour the remaining filling over the crust in the second pan. Use a spoon to make sure the filling is even and smooth.
- Place pans in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours, but can be overnight. Take out of freezer, remove the springform pan, let sit out for 10 minutes, cut into slices and serve. The longer it sits out, the filling will soften and become more like pudding. It still tastes amazing, but not as firm. Store any leftovers back in the freezer.
This is a no baked recipe dessert.
Tip: Once frozen, decorate your cheesecake with shredded coconut or chocolate shavings, whipped cream, mint.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.