Are you stressed out with back to school shopping? Not eating healthy? If the answer to these questions is yes, then maybe you should try out this week’s recipe from Chef Zelicious; Detoxifying Cardamom Tea!
- 2 Tablespoons cardamom pods
- 2 Teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 Ginger slices
- 1⁄2 Bunch fresh mint leaves
- 3 Thin slices of lemon or lime
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon raw honey-optional
– Bring two cups of water to a simmer. While the water is heating, pound the ginger with the mint to break it up a bit. I use a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler.
– When the water is hot, stir in all the ingredients. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, remove from heat, cover, and allow to steep for another 3 minutes. Place the tea in a strainer and strain.
You can drink hot or cold.
The top benefits of cardamom tea include detoxifying the body, optimizing digestion, healing respiratory issues, improving bad breath, easing menstrual symptoms, reducing skin irritation, preventing chronic diseases, boosting circulation, protecting hair health, aiding weight loss, and lowering blood pressure.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.