As the unrelenting summer heat continues it’s vicious assault over South Florida, and you just don’t want to heat up your house after a long day, grilling sometimes works. Just make sure you have a nice breeze, a good ceiling fan, and an icy adult beverage when you’re cooking!
- 2 tsp. Lemon or Lime juice
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Crush pepper – optional
- 2 Tablespoons coconut or Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Chopped Fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons Zaatar Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Veggies for Kabobs:
- 2 Large Yellow Squash
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Cup baby tomatoes
- 1 Large White Onion
- 2 Large Zucchini
- 4 Large Portabella Mushrooms
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl, and then add the veggies.
- Place vegetables on a skewer. Put in refrigerator for 10 min before being grilled.
- Garnish with leftover marinade sauce or Hoisin sauce.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.