Everyone loves pasta! Noodles are an important part of virtually every Americans life, but in our more health conscious world, we are left wondering how we can replicate the feel and texture of them using items that are a bit better for us.
This week, Chef Z brings us a few “pasta” recipes that don’t use traditional noodles.
The first requires the usage of a kitchen tool that not everyone has yet, the spiralizer. Most spiralizers come with three different attachment blades:
- A thinner noodle that resembles the thickness of spaghetti.
- A thicker spiral that resembles the thickness of curly fries.
- A thinner ribbon that gives you a beautiful, delicate ribbon spiral.
It’s all a matter of taste as to which blade you choose to use. Have fun with it!
That brings us to our first recipe.
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup arugula or kale
- 3 gloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ cup olive oil, or hemp-seed oil, flaxseed oil
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds as a garnish, put at the end, do not put in food processor.
- salt and pepper to taste.
Put all 8 ingredients in food processor and blend.
This can be served over zucchini noodles, prepared using your spiralizer!
If you’re more of a pasta salad fan, Chef Z has that covered as well!
For the salad:
- 4 bunches fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup red peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cup fenugreek sprouts
- 1 tbsp. mint, diced
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup chopped red onion
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
Transfer salad to a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly with a spatula or wooden spoon.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad, toss to mix well, and serve.