It’s the beginning of another long, hot summer in the Palm Beaches. This week, heat indexes have averaged above 100 degrees for 3 of the past four days!
With weather like this, you need a way to cool down that’s not only refreshing, but good for you. Unfortunately, you cannot survive on Hyper Freezes and Slurpees alone.
That said, Chef Zelicious has a great way to not only quench your thirst on a warm day, but feel good as well.
- ½ Cup raw cashews nut, previously soaked for 30 min
- 1 Can coconut cream the thickened coconut cream from a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Can coconut milk (full-fat)
- 2 Frozen bananas
- ⅓ Cup blueberries fresh
- 1 Teaspoon maqui berry powder
- ½ Teaspoon fresh lavender
1. You can soak the cashew nut overnight. Drain cashews and place them in a blender. Add coconut cream, coconut milk, frozen bananas, blueberries and maqui berry powder, lavender. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve in a bowl and top with chia seeds, hemp seeds, blackberries, blueberries and lavender.
3. Note: Also you can use your favorite toppings or protein powder to garnish. The smoothie is great for breakfast, lunch or even before or after workout.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.