Not sure about what to get Mom for Mother’s Day? Check out this simple cocktail that adds a bit of love to any brunch!
● 1/3 Cup water
● 1/3 Cup Manuka honey, raw honey or agave
● 1 Tsp dried lavender flowers
● 4 Tsp lemon juice
● 4 spring fresh lavender
● Lemon slices or lime
● 1 Bottle – cupcake Prosecco
- In a small saucepan, combine water and Manuka honey. Bring to a boil, stir until honey has dissolved.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add lavender flowers.
- Remove from heat, cover to steep. Cool to room temperature. At this point, you can strain and discard the flowers, or leave them in the syrup.
- Add 1 tbsp. of the lavender simple syrup to each cocktail glass, used champagne glasses. Add 1 tsp lemon juice. Top with cupcake Prosecco. Garnish with fresh lavender and lemon.
Note: Use your favorite champagne, sage, basil, mint, lemongrass, or rosemary to infuse.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.