Every October 4, individuals all across our great country tell the tale of Glenn and the Magic Taco as they sip margaritas and eat delicious tacos…at least that’s what the marketing people at Taco Bell, Del Taco, and many other taquerias all over the United States would want you to think!
This week, in honor of this most glorious of culinary celebrations, Chef Zelicious brings you her take on the Mexican staple: Spicy Tempeh Tacos with Avocado Lime Dressing.
- 2 Packs tempeh – cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon taco mix
- 1 onion – diced
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- Romaine lettuce 2 leaves
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage or cole slaw veggies
- 1/3 cup black beans or chickpeas
- ¼ cup organic corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Cilantro – ½ bunch
1. Mix the paprika, chili powder, onion, taco mix, olive oil, beans, corn, salt, and pepper in a cooking pot.
2. While the tempeh is cooking, create the dressing with water (to thin it out) and only use half of the avocado, lime, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper.
3. Cut the other half of the avocado into cubes for taco.
4. When tempeh has finished baking, top 4 tortillas with lettuce, cabbage, beans, corn, tempeh and drizzle with the avocado lime dressing. Garnish with cilantro.
5. Time cook only 20 min.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.