Create quinoa and chickpea burger with veggies formed into patties and lightly pan fried or baked to crispy perfection. These burgers are a crowd pleaser for vegetarians and meat eaters.
- 2 Cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 Can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ Cup mushrooms, finely diced
- ½ Red pepper, finely diced
- 3 Cloves garlic minced or chopped
- ¼ Cup panko crumbs
- ½ Cup ground flaxseeds or whole seeds
- ½ Cup vegenaise mayo
- ¾ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- ½ Teaspoon cumin powder
- Avocado for serving
- Micro greens for serving
- Burger buns
Special Burger Sauce:
- ½ Cup ketchup
- ¼ Cup vegenaise mayo
- ¼ Teaspoon chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon curry powder
1. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients from the quinoa to the cumin. Use a fork to mix everything together. Form patties and either cook right away or place in the fridge until ready to use.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with coconut cooking spray or lightly coat with oil. Add the patties to the heated pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crispy and lightly browned. Oven baked for 20 minutes at a temp of 450F.
3. Mix the ketchup, mayo and chili powder in a small bowl. Build your burger with avocado, micro greens, arugula, tomatoes, and shallots. Serve and enjoy!
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.