In two weeks, families all across the USA will sit down at the communal table and celebrate our freedoms. Many of those families will do so with a turkey and more side dishes than you can shake a freshly plucked piece of poultry at!
This week, Chef Zelicious brings us one of her favorite Thanksgiving sides.
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE SIDE DISH
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled cut into cubes
- 2 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Small Golden Yukon Potatoes, chopped
- 6 Carrots, chopped into cubes
- 1 Zucchini cut into cubes
- 1 Eggplant cut into cubes
- 1 Bunch Brussel sprouts cut into cubes
- 1 Yellow onion cut into cubes
- 1 Red onion cut into cubes
- 1 Head garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Bunch Rosemary
- ½ Bunch Oregano
- ½ Bunch Basil
- ¼ Teaspoon Dry Dill
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Heat the oven to 430 degrees.
- Drizzle a sheet pan with half of the oil. Add the veggies and remaining oil. Sprinkle with all of the seasonings and garlic, toss to coat well. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and tender. Serve immediately.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Share it with us here at Palm Beach Happening in our Thanksgiving Recipe Contest for a chance at fabulous prizes!