In the heat of what seems lime an endless Florida summer, sometimes all you want is a simple, no cook recipe to help rejuvenate you after a long, hot day.
Raw vegan tabbouleh
● 1⁄2 Cup grated cauliflower
● 1 Clove garlic clove, minced (optional)
● 1⁄4 Cup fresh lemon juice or lime juice
● 1 Bunch chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
● 1 Bunch chopped fresh cilantro
● 1⁄4 Bunch chopped fresh mint
● 1⁄2 Red pepper very finely chopped
● 3 Medium sized tomatoes chopped
● 1 Bunch scallions, finely chopped
● 1⁄2 Onion chopped
● 1 Cucumber chopped
● 1⁄4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
● 1⁄3 Teaspoon Lebanese 7spices
● 1⁄4 Cup sunflower sprouts, chopped
● 1 Romaine lettuce heart, leaves separated, chopped, washed and dried
● Sea salt, pepper to taste
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together well. Leave in the refrigerator until ready to be served.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593