There’s no question that it’s hot outside. Heck, it’s supposed to feel like 95 degrees by 11 a.m. today! However, we are still human, and we need to eat.
Unfortunately, popsickles and smoothies won’t quench our hunger. However, the nutritious creation known as Z’s Summer Bowl just might!
- 1 Cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Medium to large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon curry powder
- ½ Teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 Can organic chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup organic baby spinach leaves or kale
- 1 Cup organic shredded purple cabbage
- ½ Cup roasted cashews
- ½ Teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup tahini or almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons raw agave
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the chickpeas on one side of the pan and the sweet potatoes on the other side of the pan in a single layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and season with chipotle powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and chickpeas are browned and crispy.
- In a bowl whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, curry powder, agave, wasabi paste and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the buddha bowls and serve immediately.
Recipes courtesy of Zainab Fisher, a professional chef who specializes in raw and vegan cuisine. She was the former Chef at the Raw Kitchen. She was a guest chef for Fox 29 WFLX, PBS and guest chef for the CBS 12 health and wellness expo, and provides our readers a new and exciting recipe each week for #TastyThursday.
For more information on Chef Zainab’s services, please contact her at [email protected] or by phone at 561-629-0593.