In October, the South Florida Fairgrounds is transformed into a haven of fear; where evil clowns and zombies roam the midway in search of fresh meat. No, we aren’t talking about today’s visit by Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump; we’re referring to the the largest haunted attraction in South Florida, known simply as Fright Nights!
Fright Nights, which opens tonight and continues through end of month, promises to be a scary, fun time for all. For 2016, they have upped the fear factor once again, with all new experiences guaranteed to make you scream!
• All new to Fright Nights: two horror-themed escape rooms. “Escape Fright Nights” will have live actors that interact with, and even scare, players as they try to solve puzzles and escape the rooms.
• Four new haunted houses
– Sunnyville School House, where the children come out, but not to play
– Pestilence: an age of plagues and vampires
– The Doll Factory, where evil lurks behind their glassy eyes
– The Void, a terrifying trip into darkness.
• “Monster Midway” – complete with live entertainment featuring magic and sideshows, local and regional bands and food and beverages
The event is open on October 13-15, 20-22, and 27-29, from 6 p.m.-11 p.m. on weeknights and until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights. The haunted mazes open at 7 p.m., however, lines will begin as early as 6:30 p.m.
• $25 general admission ticket includes entrance admission and includes three haunted houses and unlimited Midway rides.
• $30 ”Terror Ticket” includes four haunted houses and unlimited Midway rides.
• Reservations are recommended for the Escape Rooms for a one-hour experience, which costs $25 per themed room, and includes admission to Fright Nights and unlimited Midway rides. The haunts are an additional $5 per house. Various cost-saving promotions are being offered on the website. To make reservations, go to http://tickets.
• Parental discretion is advised for those younger than 12 years old.