Imagine relaxing on a beach with crystal-clear blue water and palm trees blowing in the breeze. Now kick that experience up a notch because you’re sipping a refreshing Prosecco Mojito…a bubbly concoction exploding with the fresh tropical flavors of lime and mint…it’s the taste of paradise. A Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail that’s popular in South Florida, and The Blind Monk serves a refreshing variation using a sparkling prosecco wine rather than the traditional rum.
I hope this refreshing Prosecco Mojito Recipe will bring back memories of your visit to West Palm Beach.
Prosecco Mojito Recipe
Step 1: Create the Mojito Mix
- Create a simple syrup by pouring equal amounts of sugar and water in a saucepan. Start with 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar which will equal about 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup. If you’re only planning to make a couple of Prosecco Mojitos, make less.
- Stir the ingredients together over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, and the mixture is clear.
- Infuse the simple syrup with mint leaves for 12 hours. To infuse, simply means adding fresh mint leaves to the hot simple syrup mixture.
- Remove mint leaves from the mix (they won’t look very pretty).
- At this point, you may refrigerate the simple syrup for up to 1 week in the refrigerator if you can withstand the temptation to use it right away!
- Add fresh squeezed lime juice (to taste – the amount of lime largely depends on how juicy the limes are) and refrigerate. Once the lime juice has been added to the simple syrup, the Mojito Mix is complete and should be used within 3 days.
Step 2: Make the Drink
- Tear 2 mint leaves and squeeze one lime wedge into empty glass
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of the Mojito Mix
- Add 5 ounces of sparkling Prosecco Wine
- Add ice, imagine you’re in the tropical paradise of West Palm Beach, Florida and enjoy!
If you’re a true South Florida foodie, and want to get a feel for some of the amazing culinary destinations available in West Palm Beach, including The Blind Monk, you might want to check out the West Palm Beach Food Tour.