Anyone who’s been already knows, but you can be sure that Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a Christmas party like no other, with joyful music, a shimmering Cinderella Castle, characters in their festive finery and Magic Kingdom Park decked out and even more magical for merry-making guests of all ages.
Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with Mickey, Santa and plenty of Disney friends at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. The special holiday festivities feature live entertainment, dazzling fireworks, a cheery parade and more. The party becomes even merrier with complimentary treats and hot cocoa, plus a magical snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
The special party – complete with cookies, cocoa and snow flurries – begins at 6 p.m., after regular park hours.
Below, we’ve come up with the top 12 must do things at the party, as well as a brief description of each.
On the first day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, a voyage on the Jingle Cruise!
- For the holiday season, Jungle Cruise transforms into ‘Jingle Cruise’ for Magic Kingdom guests with festive decor in the attraction queue and boathouse, holiday names for the Jungle Cruise boats and a slew of seasonal jokes from the Skippers to their passengers. This seasonal takeover of the attraction first debuted at Walt Disney World Resort in 2013.
On the second day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, cocoa and cookies!
- Savor delicious cookies and sip on seasonal beverages during this spirited event. Several holiday treat locations will be open until midnight during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, serving up a variety of complimentary delights:
- Tortuga Tavern: Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
- Liberty Square Ticket Office: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
- The Friar’s Nook: Silky Smooth DOVE® Chocolate and Sparkling Apple Cider (candies provided by DOVE® Chocolate and J&J Snack Foods)
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow: Peppermint Crunch Cookie and Nestle® Nesquik®
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies: Santa Claus Cookie and Sno-Cone
Note: Alternative healthy and gluten-free options are available upon request. Menus and offerings are subject to change and availability.
On the third day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, dinner from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dining!
- Exploring this winter wonderland is sure to inspire Santa-sized appetites—so why not unwrap a little mealtime magic of your own? During Mickey’s specially ticketed shindig, partygoers can relax over phenomenal food and a heaping helping of fantasy at one of 3 popular table-service restaurants. Now round up the reindeer… it’s time for some divine yuletide dining experiences.
On the fourth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, a visit from Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf!
- Arendelle royalty and their lovable snowman visit Magic Kingdom Park to help everyone feel the wintry chill in the air and love in their hearts. “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” presented on the Castle Forecourt Stage, features Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff. As a gift to the kingdom, Elsa lets it go and uses her icy powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a sparkling palace of ice.
On the fifth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas!
- Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch join host Haley Comet for an intergalactic musical revue on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The show is full of modern twists on classic holiday songs and the coolest dance numbers in town!
On the sixth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade!
- It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride down Main Street, U.S.A. in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Santa Claus, gingerbread men, elves, reindeer and other friends from the North Pole join Mickey and his pals for the happiest holiday parade.
On the seventh day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, a night with the seven dwarves!
- During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you’re invited to share hugs, receive autographs and snap pictures with more than 15 beloved Disney Characters as they spread holiday cheer around Magic Kingdom park. Share in the yuletide spirit with classic Characters dressed in their holiday best, and enjoy rare appearances from the likes of Santa Goofy, Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws and Scrooge McDuck—no “Bah! Humbug!” here.
On the eighth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, a seat on Santa Claus’s lap!
- When he’s not appearing in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” Santa drops in on the Town Square Courtyard near City Hall over on Main Street, U.S.A, where Guests can whisper their fondest wishes to him.
On the ninth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, Holiday Wishes!
- This holiday nighttime spectacular lights up the skies above Cinderella Castle with breathtaking fireworks and beloved music.
On the tenth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, a trip to Club Tinsel!
- Located inside Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland, Club Tinsel becomes the coolest place to get down with a DJ and some North Pole pals in the cheeriest dance party this side of Santa’s Workshop!
On the eleventh day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, a concert from VoicePlay!
- This acappella group, known from their performances on “The Sing-Off,” will perform on Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland. 8:10, 9:00, 10:20, and 11:10 p.m.
On the twelfth day of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, my true love gave to me, Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration!
- Mickey and his pals invite some of their friends over for an unforgettable Christmas party filled with music, dancing, color and fun on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage! The celebration features medleys of delightful holiday songs both classic and contemporary, along with special effects, magical projections and beloved Disney characters including Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Fantasyland friends such as Peter Pan and Snow White.
The remaining event dates are November 26 and 28; December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22. For more information and to purchase tickets for this after-hours spectacular: Disneyworld.com/Christmasparty.
Of course, there are many other festive things to do around Walt Disney World. One of the most popular in recent years is to take the resort monorail loop around the Magic Kingdom and enjoy the holiday displays in the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian. The Contemporary and Grand Floridian have the largest displays, featuring gingerbread renditions of Cinderella’s Castle (Contemporary) and the largest gingerbread house in Florida (Grand Floridian.)
You can easily spend an entire day enjoying the displays in these amazing hotels, and the best part is; it’s free!
No matter how you spend your holidays, have a happy!