Christina Morrison, a longtime community advocate and business leader, has filed her intent to run for Palm Beach County Commission District 4. District 4 is currently held by Commissioner Steven Abrams who will not be running for reelection due to term limits. A registered Republican, Christina will have a Republican Primary Election in August and face the winner of the Democratic Primary in the November General Election.
“I am excited about the opportunity to continue to give back to Palm Beach County and serve our community on the County Commission. I have deep community roots and understand the issues residents and business owners face on a daily basis. My business, finance and public service background make me uniquely qualified to represent the District and focus on what’s important to the people who live, work and are raising a family here”, Christina Morrison stated.
“I am focused on continuing forward the leadership shown by Commissioner Abrams and will work side by side with the community to make sure our tax dollars are properly managed, public safety remains a priority, community services are maintained and our Palm Beach County quality of life is preserved.”
Christina Morrison is a 20-year veteran of the real estate industry in Palm Beach County serving as a Commercial Real Property Consultant, Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker and a Certified Property Manager. Christina’s experience in business development, job creation, land use issues, attainable housing initiatives, infrastructure needs and revitalization projects have allowed her to serve in leadership positions with numerous county and local organizations.
Christina Morrison’s record of community and civic involvement includes:
- Criminal Justice Commission of Palm Beach County, Executive Board
- Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, Executive Board
- Economic Development Committee Chair, Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Florida Realtors Association, Board of Directors
- Realtors Association of the Palm Beaches, Board of Directors
- Realtors Commercial Alliance, Member & former President
- Attainable Housing Committee of Palm Beach County, Member
- Housing Leadership Council of Palm Beach County, Member
- City of Delray Beach Planning & Zoning Board, Member
- Former community & civic involvement includes:
- Delray Beach City Commissioner, 2013
- City of Delray Beach Budget Advisory Board, Chair & Member
- Community Land Trust, Member
Christina has received numerous awards for her professional and community leadership including:
- Realtor of the Year – Realtors’ Commercial Alliance, 2015
- Ken Ellingsworth Community Service Award – Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, 2013 – 2014
- Realtor of the Year – Realtors’ Association of the Palm Beaches, 2011
Christina Morrison’s campaign for County Commission has been met with enthusiasm and support from across the community. Those interested in supporting the campaign or learning how to get involved, can email the campaign at [email protected] or visit www.VoteChristinaMorrison.com.